It comes as no surprise that personal relationships can sometimes be the key to forming business relationships. Personal connections are important everywhere but nowhere more so than in the Gulf and throughout the Middle East, which is why it’s crucial to capitalize on who you know and make the most of your networks to spread awareness of your business.
Geo-targeted SEO initiatives and mobile campaigns are also a new trend in the Middle Eastern markets. Local agencies in the area such as BeOnTop SEO Dubai — a prominent local SEO agency in the UAE — can assist campaigns with real-time analytics.
• Tap into your networks and spread awareness of your business.
• Partner with local digital agencies such as BeOnTop SEO Dubai to begin geo-targeted initiatives.
• Study the numbers and improve — the digital advertising age is in its infancy in the Middle East, so popular trends and styles are still largely undiscovered. Find what works for you.
Over the last three years, the number of YouTube channels based in the MENA region has increased by over 160 percent. The MENA region audience is becoming very responsive to video content, and over 200 YouTube channels have at least one million subscribers.
Scholar Damien Radcliffe reported in 2017 that Saudi Arabians spend the most time per capita watching YouTube (an average of 72 minutes per day for those aged 15-24), and the majority of these viewers tune into local female “vloggers” and other social influencers. Strong presences are also found in Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt.
• Discover local social influencers and vloggers who would be interested in sponsoring your product or service.
• Partner with them and plan a strategy — anything from sponsored posts to an entire campaign featuring the influencer or vlogger.
• Apply analytics, understand feedback and audience response and improve with next campaign.
Recent statistics show that 50 percent of online users in the UAE access their email at least once per day, so email is still very much a great avenue to find new leads.
But how is an email marketing strategy different when applied to a Middle Eastern audience? The key is to understand the audience’s sensibilities. Consumers must be made to feel exclusive, and the email campaigns must be personalized and unique for every reader.
High-quality videos and materials must be included in the email to up the ante of your exclusivity. With strong social media presence and a reliable customer support behind it, you can rely your email marketing campaign to break through the walls and start new relationships.